NOVEMBER 2022: CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO
So, you’ve received your pizzelles, and have successfully staved off the urge to eat the whole box right away. Nice job! You might be wondering, “How do I keep these beauties fresh and crisp?” Well, there’s not much you have to actually DO.
- Keep them fresh right there in the bag, in a cool dry place, for about 4 weeks.
- These little babies HATE moisture of any kind. So store them away from your stovetop, your shower, and your steam room..basically anywhere steam or moisture may be generated is bad.
- Even mild changes in humidity can affect their crispness, especially during shipping. If any items become soft during shipping or after they arrive, simply place them on a baking sheet, or even better, an oven-safe wire rack, and bake them for just 2 minutes in a 300 degree oven. Let them cool completely on a wire rack, and they’ll be crisp and good as new..
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Do not get them wet.
- And DO NOT, under any circumstances, feed them after midnight. I made that mistake once. It wasn’t pretty.
That’s pretty much it! Thank you so very much for indulging in my offerings, and supporting this small biz.